While I'm Waiting

Friday, May 18, 2012

It seems like our life is a whirlwind of hurry up and wait. While we were driving back from a long run to Vernal, UT I (Marquette) was taking the late night shift. The song While I'm Waiting By John Waller came on. If you haven't heard the song the lyrics are :

And I will move ahead bold and confident
Taking every step in obedience
While I'm waiting I will serve You
While I'm waiting I will worship
While I'm waiting I will not faint
I'll be running the race even while I wait

It was like the words came right out of the speakers and grabbed my heart. It was such a strong reminder that even though I am waiting on what's next doesn't mean I stop. I am to serve and worship even in this time of waiting. I tend to try to focus on the next task at hand rather than being content where I am. The Lord wants us to be happy where we are at, especially because we are always exactly where he wants us to be. But sometimes it's just so easy to focus on either the tiniest of details in front of you or the mountain that is still miles away.

Where Kyle and I are is not an easy place. We have been stripped of our families, our closest friends, our church community, our comfort zones, and our lives as a whole. It's just plain hard sometimes. We are confident that we are right where the Lord wants us to be, and we are are fixed on being obedient. But even though it's hard I do have the promise that this too shall pass. It is just a season of our lives, a tough season, but a season nonetheless. And as newlyweds we can move ahead bold and confident knowing that the maker of heaven and Earth is also the one we call Abba Father. We can cry out to him for He has our best interest at heart and his plan is perfect. It will play out in due time, his time.  

Just where I am right now...


In Christ,
Marquette

No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs