Week 28

Friday, January 11, 2013

Our Little Miss,

I'm not sure why this week was so much harder than the others have been, but it was. I think realizing that that this time of just us is coming to an end made for a bitter-sweet week. I don't know if I am ready to share you with the rest of the world quite yet. That's just your mama being selfish though, because there is a great deal of anticipation, excitement and love waiting for you to join the world.

I heard a song on one of my walks toward the end of this week and {don't laugh at me} it brought me to tears. I have been praying for you daily and sometimes they aren't even a prayer but more a dream for you. The words don't always come, but the song of my heart sings for you. Well, this part of the song was like it was the words to the melody of my heart; the song that is my love, hopes, and dreams for you.

"I wanna give her the world
I wanna hold her hand
I wanna hold her close for as long as I can
I wanna show her what it means to be loved"

In those four simple lines my heart burst open with everything coming out. My fears, my hopes for you, my dreams of your future, my desire to show you what it means to be loved with no end all came gushing out right there on the sidewalk. As I continued my walk and talk with you and the Lord I realized that in that moment you and I were exactly where the Lord wanted us to be; in today. With that came an overwhelming sense of peace and the Lord granted me a brief look at all the love that will surround you, and I knew...everything is going to be just fine.

Precious daughter, we are so excited to meet you. Your daddy and I dream about what you will look like and what our lives will be like with you in it. He may not admit it yet, but you have him wrapped around your finger already! It's so sweet how much he loves you. He will rush over just to feel you move. Oh I can't wait for you two to truly meet!! It wont be long now...

All my love,
Mama

1 comment :

  1. Marqi y'all are so precious and your daughter is going to be just as precious!

    ReplyDelete

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs