To Our Little Miss

Wednesday, October 24, 2012


Little Miss,

Today we found out you were a little GIRL! Your daddy and I were so surprised and excited that I think our hearts skipped a beat. You took our breath away sweet girl. Just seeing you on the screen and hearing your heartbeat melted our hearts, but knowing you were our little miss changed everything. 

You don't know this yet, but your mama is a thinker. I can be analytical to a fault, and equally as emotional. And because of this, I notice so much; the ticking clock, life going by, and all the changes whirling by us. I feel like we are in our own little cocoon, the two of us, and the world keeps speeding along, tugging at us to hurry up. And now here we are halfway through this journey together, and you're growing bigger and bigger by the day. Developing and changing, yet already perfect. Since finding out you are a precious little girl my mind has been spinning. Will your eyes be the brilliant blue of your daddy's or the deep brown of mine? Will your hair be blonde or dark brown? I am certain you will have curls just like both of us! And they will be darling, of course. Will you like oranges or hate them (because that's all I eat right now)?  Will you be a tiny petite little thing like me or will your daddy bless you with some height? So many questions have come and gone and yet the Lord has granted me with an overwhelming amount of peace. I know you are perfect, just as He has planned you to be. 

I thank God everyday for choosing us to be your parents. I pray the Lord guides us to raise you to not be all that we want you to be, but rather all that He wants you to be. You are worth more than all the riches on earth and I pray you will grow to know that and embrace that you are loved beyond measure. We pray you will grow to be a Godly, righteous woman whose heart yearns for Christ. And I pray that even now the Lord is molding a boy to grow to be the man not just of your dreams or ours, but of Christ's dreams for you. Our love for you already pours out of our hearts. I wish you could see your daddy's face every time he says she now. His eyes light up just from saying the word. You are already his world sweet girl, and that will never change. It melts my heart to see him so in love with you already and he hasn't even met you yet.   

We love you sweet Little Miss of ours. You are perfect in every way and we are so blessed to have you. We cannot wait to meet you!!

All my love and then some,
Mama

3 comments :

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs