Beach Babes

Thursday, August 4, 2016

SUMMERRRR! I have a mad crazy passion for the heat and summer! Kyle well not so much, he could live in fall temps all year long. So getting the chance to go visit my family in Virginia for a MONTH in the summer was something I just wasn't going to pass up. And yes I said a month. I have a really close relationship with my parents so going for a month was an easy decision. We spent many a days at the beach, long walks, and lots of laughing.


 We spent the 4th of July there. It was one of my summer bucket list items. My folks live in Williamsburg, VA so I don't know of anywhere else in the US that can feel any more patriotic. We listened to the reading of the Declaration of Independence being read from the Colonial Williamsburg Courthouse steps. It about gives you chills even in the hot, humid July heat when the people dressed in full colonial costume are cheering as it's read. It was pretty awesome. Later we got to enjoy the fireworks right down on the palace greens.




Breckette was a little fish when it came to spending time in the water. I really wasn't sure if she would stay out and just play in the sand or enjoy sitting close to us on the beach but touching the water. Yeah - NOPE! That girl went charging into that water with no fear, and good luck getting her back in! It was awesome! I was so proud of her.


And while we were there she learned to ride her "bike". Boy she was so excited, but if I'm being honest so were the rest of us. There is just something about seeing the joy. If you have a child then you know the kind I'm talking about. The kind that radiates from them so strongly you can feel it deep in your soul. That's the kind of joy she had and I LOVE IT!


It was really fun to get to have my very best friend get to come visit while there too. It was almost like being in high school again. Late night talks while laying on the bed. Deep conversations about our men, life, faith, the future, and of course WEDDING! She was my maid of honor and now I get the honor of being in her beautiful Kentucky wedding this September. I seriously couldn't be more excited for this girl. She deserves the love she has found in TJ and it will be a joy to get to celebrate their marriage. Also, if you need some great makeup tips check her out here. You can thank me later ;)

Kyle came out and joined us for the last part of the trip, and boy were we ready to see him! I didn't tell Breckette that he was coming so when we walked in after I picked him up at the airport I think she was in shock! It was adorable. That girl and her daddy!! I love their relationship. She was on cloud 9 seeing him there. Kyle and I got some very much needed no-kid time thanks to my parents. It was just what we needed.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs